Sustainable Fabric - Modal
We are often asked about what Modal is.
Modal is composed of cellulose fibers derived from beech trees and is known for its softness, breathability, and high moisture absorption.
The production process also requires less energy and water compared to some other textiles. Modal is a perfect fabric for underwear and is one of the sustainable fabrics we source.
Here are some key benefit of why we choose modal for our underwear range:
- Softness: Modal fabric is renowned for its exceptional softness, often compared to natural fibers like cotton or silk. This softness is due to the fine and smooth fibers used in its production.
- Breathability: Modal is quite breathable, which means it allows air to circulate through the fabric. This property makes it suitable for various types of clothing, including underwear, activewear, and summer apparel.
- Drapability: Modal fabric has a natural drape that lends itself well to clothing designs. It flows and hangs gracefully, making it a popular choice for dresses, skirts, and other garments that require fluid movement.
- Moisture Absorption: Modal has a relatively high moisture absorption rate, which means it can wick away moisture from the skin. This makes it comfortable to wear in humid conditions or during physical activities.
- Color Retention: Modal fabric tends to hold dye well, resulting in vibrant and long-lasting colors. This is advantageous for clothing that requires vivid and fade-resistant hues.
Environmental Considerations: Modal is derived from renewable beech tree sources, which makes it a more eco-friendly option compared to fully synthetic fabrics. The production process also requires less energy and water compared to some other textiles.
Not only does modal come through in the comfort department, but it's also a win for the environment. The fabric is crafted from beech trees, which are a renewable resource and play a vital role in sustainable fashion. These trees sprout up fast, without guzzling much water or relying on heavy pesticide use – a real eco-friendly choice compared to water-thirsty cotton.
But that's not all – the way modal fabric is made takes the eco cake. They've got this cool closed-loop process going on during production that slashes waste and pollution. So, not only are you treating yourself to some seriously soft threads, but you're also giving the planet a high-five with your fashion choices.